A reliable and efficient solution for physical security and safety is essential for any company. But how do you know where to start? We know this process can be incredibly overwhelming for any business. With something as important as this, it is vital that security, safety, and marketing can be integrated into one solution for your organization.
Trans-Tel provides a vast array of services to help you integrate these solutions into your business in a seamless and reliable way. Keep reading to get a better idea of how Trans-Tel can help your business get started with physical security, safety, and analysis in a way that not only protects your company and its employees but also provides crucial marketing value for your company.
1. Physical Security Technologies to Deploy
Security is an essential part of any business or institution. Below are several key physical security technologies to deploy at your company to protect your employees and building.
- Visitor Management. Visitor management helps organizations keep track of who comes and goes in a workplace. Visitor management systems can help streamline the process for welcoming important guests and can make a good impression on first-time visitors. This technology can also help you protect what and who is inside your building by controlling access and keeping a record of all visitation activity in your building.
- Loitering Detection. Loitering detection can detect those outside of your building or in your area who seem to be loitering. This is possible with extra security measures such as sensors or security cameras with video analytics. These systems can help warn companies of suspicious activity in the area and prevent any kind of dangerous situation.
- Dual Factor Authentication. Dual factor authentication (or two-factor authentication) requires users to provide two forms of authentication for access. This usually involves users having to input a password followed by another factor of authentication which could be anything from a code sent to their cell phone to a fingerprint scan in order to complete a physical sign-in. This ultimately acts as an extra measure to avoid unauthorized access and is a great way to protect online information specifically.
- Network Security. Network security involves protecting your company’s network infrastructure from unwanted access, theft, etc. In today’s world, online access is growing exponentially as we use technology to do just about everything from work to personal use. Our most important information is often stored in systems or websites online. Having a network security solution in place can help protect your employee and company’s sensitive information and activity.
2. Safety Measures to Implement in Your Building
Ensuring that your employees are safe while on the job is another important role of your company’s physical security and safety systems. The following are some ways you can better prioritize safety within your organization using these technologies.
- PPE Detection. PPE detection ensures that proper procedures are being followed by detecting personal protective equipment on employees, such as hard hats, gloves, etc. This is an extra step to help protect employees from any accidents that could occur while on the job, while also making sure your employees are in compliance on the job.
- Object Detection. Object detection systems can identify objects in a picture or video. Object detection is used in conjunction with programs like image recognition to help analyze what is seen on camera. This is useful for companies in several ways such as tracking foot traffic, facial recognition, and anomaly detection.
- Fall detection. Fall detection measures protect employees from workplace accidents by triggering an immediate alert when someone needs assistance. This is essential for making sure your employees get the medical attention they need as quickly as possible and to keep your physical workplace safe.
3. Marketing Value of Physical Security & Safety Technologies
Another benefit to having security solutions like these in place is that they can provide critical marketing value for your organization. By using analytics from these technologies, you can improve business productivity. Not only are these solutions protecting your organization and increasing employee safety, but they also help your business grow and enhance its profitability.
- Foot traffic detection and analysis. Foot traffic analysis is a crucial metric to be tracking at your business, especially in retail, as it can improve the functionality of your store to boost sales. For example, by studying foot traffic patterns in your store you can understand how to better position the products, displays, and promotions in your store to increase sales.
- Visitor management. Visitor management can be used to provide better service to those entering your building. Simply put, when important guests arrive at your restaurant, hotel, or casino, you are notified and able to welcome them in a timely manner, reinforcing your business’ professional reputation and establishing a strong first impression with guests.
- Vehicle traffic detection & analysis. By tracking the number of vehicles and flow of traffic in an area, companies can better plan out where to place advertisements (like billboards) and ultimately extend their reach to maximize their brand awareness and sales.
With today’s abundant technology, it can seem like there’s an overwhelming number of options out there to enhance your business’ physical security and safety presence. However, with Trans-Tel we provide one solution for each of these integral factors for your company.
By working with Trans-Tel, we’re able to design, install, and manage sustainable physical security, safety, and analytics solutions so your company can rest assured that it’s well protected and able to scale its growth with actionable marketing insights.